InterCity Visit To Billings MT
4/16/2023 - 4/19/2023
Planning has begun to develop an itinerary for the upcoming InterCity Trip; April 16 – 19, 2023 to Billings, MT. Community leaders will have an opportunity to discuss challenges and opportunities our region is facing. Join us and be part of the interaction among city leaders, plus hear the exchange of best practices and lessons learned.
Why an InterCity Visit? The visit is designed to acquire new ideas. It will provide an opportunity to introduce our delegation to innovative programs and impactful projects that may be adapted and implemented in our community. Candid speakers will alert our delegation to the challenges and pitfalls with which they are currently struggling.
Probably one of the most significant reasons to participate in an InterCity Trip is it encourages and reminds us of the importance to dream! Dreaming turns into a vision and a vision translates into ACTION.
Over the past 20 years much has been accomplished because of a dream. Below are just a few examples of the work that has been accomplished:
- Heritage Plaza
- Lear Park
- The Belcher Center at LETU
- Expansion and improvements to parks and trails
- The Green
- The recent passage of three (3) significant bond elections, totaling $104 million
- George Richey Road Expansion
- Companies like Nucor, Sysco, Mr. Cooper, and Dollar General opening in Longview
- East Texas Advanced Manufacturing Academy
- Establishment of the state’s 43rd Cultural Arts District, in Longview
- The opening of the Arboretum in November 2020
- And much more!
The Chamber’s work reminds me of a song I love by Matthew West. His lyrics resonate and fuels the passion I feel about taking responsibility for the future we are to build now for the generations to follow. A few of Matthew’s Lyrics are, “If not us -- then who? If not now -- then when? It is time for us do something!”